Legal Counsel (Commercial)
We are looking for an 2-5 years PQE experienced Commercial Lawyer to join our expanding Head Office Team, with one the world’s leading Mobile Telecoms Service Providers. You’ll be part of a vibrant, agile team at the forefront of Mobile Telecoms and IT Technology.
New state-of-the-art offices and flexible working are just a few of the perks we offer to our employees, on top of a great benefits package and exciting work as part of this industry leading Joint Venture between EE and Three Mobile.
You’ll be a qualified UK Solicitor or Barrister with circa 3-5 years PQE experience, working in a fast-paced operational environment, assisting with technical Outsourcing and IT Procurement deals.
You’ll be an interactive, solutions-focused lawyer with an ability to apply commercial acumen to legal problems in order to keep projects moving forward and supporting our Commercial and Operational Teams to manage the delivery of our suppliers.
There are no 2 days the same at MBNL, but the Commercial Legal Counsel will be responsible for:
- Advising on the shape, structure and set up of commercial / procurement contracts
- Advising on, drafting and negotiating the necessary documentation
- Collaborating closely with internal clients and members of the shareholder legal teams to get contracts closed, including where needed, with the relevant shareholder approvals
- Working closely with internal clients and stakeholders to ensure timely updates, escalations of issues and identification of risks to relevant business, legal and executive leads
- Engaging with suppliers
- Managing external counsel, both in terms of managing resources and quality assuring outputs
- Providing trusted and proactive legal expertise, both verbally and in writing, which is pragmatic rather than purist
- Demonstrating skilled, confident, hands-on contractual drafting and negotiation
If this sounds like a role you can take hold of, and want to work in an Agile, dynamic yet challenging environment in the heart of Reading, we would love to hear from you!
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to recruitment@MBNL.co.uk
The legal team provides legal and commercial advice and support across all areas of the business from property to procurement delivering contracts to time, cost and quality. The team are responsible for delivering robust and legally sound contracts and ensuring effective contract management and governance across all disciplines. The team also support the property team on all aspects of property acquisition, disposal and estate management of the MBNL and ex-Orange UK estate.
Change Analyst - Permanent
Technical Design Authority
Legal Counsel (Property)
Head of Legal (Commercial)
Data Security Officer
Communications and Engagement Manager
Commercial Property Lead
Service Operations Manager
Accounts Payable Clerk
Principle Network Solutions Security Consultant