Head of Legal (Commercial)
We are looking for an experienced Commercial Lawyer to join our expanding Head Office Team, with one the world’s leading Mobile Telecoms Service Providers. You’ll be part of a vibrant, agile team at the forefront of Mobile Telecoms and IT Technology.
You will be part of the Business Leadership Team, so we are looking for someone who can have an input into the development of the wider business, be a thought leader and drive and deliver change.
New state-of-the-art offices and flexible working are just a few of the perks we offer to our employees, on top of a great benefits package and exciting work as part of this industry leading Joint Venture between EE and Three Mobile.
You’ll be a qualified UK Solicitor or Barrister with extensive PQE experience, working in a fast-paced operational environment, leading £multi-million Outsourcing and complex IT Procurement deals.
You’ll be able to lead cross-functional teams, and co-ordinate multi-stakeholder negotiations in order to keep deals moving, whilst ensuring the service we provide our internal customers remains excellent, through inspiring team management.
There are no 2 days the same at MBNL, but the Head of Legal (Commercial) will be responsible for:
- Responsible for co-creating and delivering the Legal team’s vision and agenda
- Responsible for ensuring excellent execution on a number of strategic procurement activities across the business – in terms of designing and refining systems and processes, proactively ensuring shareholder engagement, collaborating with MBNL senior colleagues, engaging with and assuring external counsel and providing trusted legal expertise, commercially savvy legal advice, skilled hands-on contractual drafting and dynamic negotiation with key suppliers and partners
- Understand risk and MBNL’s risk appetite, avoiding over lawyering or being a legal purist and adopting efficient, agile working practices.
- Manage the performance of the Legal team, drive high performance by setting stretching and challenging objectives.
- Be a true service provider – understand customers needs and encourage the Legal team to deliver a great service internally and externally
If this sounds like a role you can take hold of, and want to work in an Agile, dynamic yet challenging environment in the heart of Reading, we would love to hear from you!
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to recruitment@MBNL.co.uk
The legal team provides legal and commercial advice and support across all areas of the business from property to procurement delivering contracts to time, cost and quality. The team are responsible for delivering robust and legally sound contracts and ensuring effective contract management and governance across all disciplines. The team also support the property team on all aspects of property acquisition, disposal and estate management of the MBNL and ex-Orange UK estate.
Change Analyst - Permanent
Technical Design Authority
Legal Counsel (Property)
Legal Counsel (Commercial)
Data Security Officer
Communications and Engagement Manager
Commercial Property Lead
Service Operations Manager
Accounts Payable Clerk
Principle Network Solutions Security Consultant