Commercial Manager (Network Services)
Commercial Manager (Network Services)
We are looking for a Commercial Manager to join MBNL’s Commercial department with a focus on supplier relationship management in the Network Services space, i.e. RAN Operations and Transmission Networks.
You’ll be supporting network operations with commercial contract management of some large, and complex in-life contracts, as well as working with vendors to ensure best value and service to our shareholders (Three and EE/BT) .
We’re all working remotely at the moment but hybrid working (Home and Office) will continue to be the norm moving forward, and the pace of work in mobile telecoms hasn’t slowed, so you’ll be self-driven and able to work with minimum management supervision within a dynamic and challenging environment.
The Commercial Manager will be responsible for the management and supplier relationship for a specified portfolio of suppliers. Within this role you will provide commercial support to MBNL’s business and project teams to:
- Ensure budgetary compliance
- Negotiate pricing and identify savings opportunities
- Manage existing agreements with suppliers
- Negotiate new framework agreements with key suppliers
- Minimise commercial risks.
On a day to day basis you can expect to
- Be responsible for all elements of the Commercial framework associated to the Supplier Base for which you manage. This includes increasing the maturity and evolution of the Supplier Strategy, Supplier Selection, Contracting, Onboarding, In-Life and Exit Management core elements of the framework
- Responsible for ensuring all commercial activity is governed by Commercial Policy and processes
- Provision of all commercial deliverables, as necessary e.g. negotiation plan, contract risk analysis, benefits analysis and contract creation and closure
- Lead tender activities using established commercial processes ensuring the strategic requirements of MBNL and its shareholders are met
- Draft, negotiate and award supplier contracts with support from MBNL Legal, in accordance with MBNL’s Commercial process, governance and Corporate Delegation of Authority.
- Manage resolution of contractual disputes up to Director level
- Ensure contractual governance / approval mechanisms are applied and support governance meetings in line with the contract to ensure actions delivered upon
- Work with relevant business areas to track performance of suppliers against the contract on key contractual KPIs, working with and ensuring that the suppliers are delivering on all fronts
- Work with relevant stakeholders to engage with supplier contacts, ensuring agreed performance and pricing are maintained and new costs are agreed under contract as required
- Influence key shareholder stakeholders. Attend Commercial Committee, where required, to present recommendations to both shareholders.
- Actively support the commercial audit process.
What we are looking for:
- Strong commercial and procurement experience within the Telecoms or Engineering Services Category.
- Significant Supplier Relationship Management experience, and demonstrable stakeholder management expertise.
- Excellent communicator at all levels in an organisation across a variety of disciplines (legal, technical, finance and procurement)
- Good understanding of contract law and contract management experience.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or another relevant professional qualification
Who we are:
MBNL is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity. We warmly welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, paternity, disability, or age.
We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, and we already strive to achieve the right balance for our people through remote working. We want to support you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities, our flexible working arrangements are designed to help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
All applications will be considered solely on merit.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY NOW button below. Please note that this will take you to our recruitment partner application page in a new browser window.