MBNL’s commercial function are seeking a Procurement Specialist who will be responsible for the management and supplier relationship for a specified portfolio of suppliers. Within this role you will provide commercial support to MBNL’s business and project teams to: ensure budgetary compliance, negotiation on pricing and managing existing agreements with suppliers.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Responsible for all elements of the Commercial framework associated to the Supplier Base for which you manage. This includes supporting the Head of Commercial to increase the maturity and evolution of the Supplier Strategy, Supplier Selection, Contracting, Onboarding, In-Life and Exit Management core elements of the framework
- Responsible for ensuring all commercial activity is governed by Commercial Policy and processes
- Develop a strong, effective relationship within the Commercial team and all areas of MBNL, raising the profile of the Commercial team and advocating the importance of sound commercial management to all areas of our business
- Provision of all commercial deliverables, as necessary e.g. negotiation plan, contract risk analysis, benefits analysis and contract creation and closure
- Lead tender activities using established commercial processes ensuring the strategic requirements of MBNL and its shareholders are met
- Draft and negotiate supplier contracts with support from MBNL Legal, in accordance with MBNL’s Commercial process, governance and Corporate Delegation of Authority.
- Implement and manage change control process for key MBNL contracts
- Report issues and opportunities in a timely manner and manage risk appropriately
- Manage resolution of contractual disputes up to Director level
- Ensure contractual governance / approval mechanisms are applied and support governance meetings in line with the contract to ensure actions delivered upon
- Work with relevant business areas to track performance of suppliers against the contract on key contractual KPIs, working with and ensuring that the suppliers are delivering on all fronts
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience of negotiating framework contracts
- Good understanding of contract law
- Demonstrable Supplier & Contract management experience
- Telcom’s industry experience
- MCIPS, RICS, LLB or other relevant professional qualifications
MBNL – building strength through inclusion
At MBNL we embrace equality, diversity and inclusion. People are at the heart of everything we do and collectively we strive to create an environment where everyone can flourish. By fostering an inclusive environment, we are championing each other’s uniqueness.
Inclusion & Diversity within MBNL will unlock innovation and continue to evolve how we work, to help us deliver world class infrastructure for our Shareholders and their customers.
We will work creatively to offer flexible working arrangements, (like non-standard hours, part-time, remote working). We want to support you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
MBNL are proud recipients of the Armed Forces Covenant Gold Award, and Disability Confident accredited.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY NOW button below. Please note that this will take you to our recruitment partner application page in a new browser window.