MBNL Quantity Surveying function are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to help with the support of Towers and Antennas, BAU roll out program. The role covers all MBNL portfolio projects whether Unilateral and /or shared and as such, a high degree of collaboration and inter departmental working is a high priority.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Set targets and direction of T&A allocated supply base, MSA, 3rd Party Site Providers (CellNex, WiG, BT HT, NET……etc.) with consistency and fairness
- Manage and Evolve Costs – MBNL Schedule of Rates for all company in flight projects – T&A, NTQ, BAU, Unilateral and Shared
- Manage and Report at SMT and SH level – QS Financial Positions and Cost Saving strategies
- Implementation of strategies to secure Shareholder funding and project budgets
- Managing Shareholder stakeholders Shared and Unilateral Accounts
- Understand and demonstrate the impact of commercial and technical changes at a strategic level to propose working solutions for efficient delivery
- Develop the cost management strategy and delivery
- Manage supplier teams to reach efficient delivery while still achieving the required standards and quality
- Ensure that appropriate processes are in place and monitored on portfolio of Contracts to ensure that Contractual Compliance is maintained, and any non-performance is identified, and corrective actions implemented as necessary.
- Perform risk, value management and cost control
- Maintain awareness of the different MBNL and Shareholder build contracts in use
- Develop and Improve PC1 /SWC relations, understanding, fair play approach
- Undertaking direct intervention to investigate underperformance, instigate recovery initiatives and intensely manage the recovery of delivery performance. Escalating to the Senior Deployment Manager as required.
- Highlight potential commercial risks to site level projects and mitigate as necessary
- Assist MBNL Commercial and Procurement in the management of changes to scope of works and Schedule of Rates in line with Industry standards
- Reporting to Senior Deployment Manager on Cost Management, Commercial Changes, Strategy and adherence, Supply Base performance and Trends
What we are looking for:
- BSc QS or min 4 years within a QS Telecoms environment
- Able to deliver against organisational goals. Displays delivery leadership through effective structures; processes and procedures.
- Able to interact and communicate across all layers of the organisation. Good written and verbal communication.
- Line Management experience or a Demonstratable flair for taking ownership of People and Projects
- Experience of budgeting and reforecasting
- Experience of process development and optimisation
- Good understanding of RAN processes and cross-functional dependencies
- Natural ability to challenge and influence key stakeholders
- Experience of motivating and managing outsource Suppliers
MBNL – building strength through inclusion
At MBNL we embrace equality, diversity and inclusion. People are at the heart of everything we do and collectively we strive to create an environment where everyone can flourish. By fostering an inclusive environment, we are championing each other’s uniqueness.
Inclusion & Diversity within MBNL will unlock innovation and continue to evolve how we work, to help us deliver world class infrastructure for our Shareholders and their customers.
We will work creatively to offer flexible working arrangements, (like non-standard hours, part-time, remote working). We want to support you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
MBNL are proud recipients of the Armed Forces Covenant Gold Award, and Disability Confident accredited.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY NOW button below. Please note that this will take you to our recruitment partner application page in a new browser window.