Technical Accounting Manager - IFRS16
Technical Accounting Manager – IFRS
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Accounting Manager to join our busy and dynamic Financial Accounting Team who are responsible for the ensuring the complete and accuracy financial recording of all MBNL’s transactions as well as providing internal controls assurance services to MBNL internal teams and shareholders.
This role will be responsible for all aspects of IFRS 16 accounting for the 20,000 site property estate managed by MBNL including management of outsource provider, interfacing with both shareholders’ accounting team and assuring compliance with IFRS 16 and both shareholders’ specific accounting policies.
- Assuring the IFRS 16 accounting, reporting and reconciliations for the 20,000 sites property estate managed by MBNL is delivered timely and accurately
- Liaising across MBNL and shareholders to ensure all relevant factors on MBNL network and sites leases affecting the IFRS 16 accounting are timely and completely captured in our monthly reports. Manging the IFRS 16 accounting outsource provider (Avison Young
- Budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis for all IFRS 16 balances
- Sufficient and Effective Reconciliation and Reporting of all balances
- FRS101 statutory disclosure requirements
- Liaising across MBNL and shareholders to ensure all relevant network change and changes to site leases is accurately reflected in the IFRS 16 accounting
- Single Point of Contact for both shareholders on all IFRS 16 matters
- Keeping up to date with any IFRS 16 changes and changes to shareholders’ accounting policies to ensure ongoing compliance
- Continuous improvement and industrialising the IFRS 16 accounting processes to improve the accounting quality, management report / reconciliation and system controls and efficiency
- Support the statutory audit and ensure compliance with any control standards (e.g. ISAE 3402) as required by the shareholders.
- Challenge the status quo, keep abreast of the external market and use this to drive improvements, continuous improvements and learning
Requirements to be successful in this role:
- Experience of Accounts Recieveable, Accounts payable and expense reimbursement function
- Strong Stakeholder management
- Experience of Supplier Management and Supplier invoice processing
- Team leadership experience
- Able to understand laws and regulations (e.g., company act, HMRC ruling) and implement manual and system change for compliance
- Audit experience to ensure how external service provider is compliance with policy, internal control proced
To apply for this role please click the APPLY NOW button below. Please note that this will take you to our recruitment partner application page in a new browser window.