Legal Property Team Leader
Legal Property Team Leader – Reading
We have an exciting opportunity for a Legal Property Team Leader to join our expanding Legal Property team at MBNL. The team are responsible for supporting the estate management and implementation of property and planning strategies across the shared and unilateral networks of EE & H3G and to ensure partners & suppliers adhere to agreed guidelines when undertaking work or upgrades on the network property estate of over 20,000 cell sites.
• Be responsible for managing all aspects of legal work associated with the EE Unilateral estate as managed by EE, including both non contentious transactional aspects and property litigation through the County Court and the Land Tribunal, covering renewals, modifications and acquisitions in relation to their portfolio of sites
• Be a member of the MBNL Legal Property team leadership team, alongside the regional leads for North and South, our Legal Counsel – Strategic Litigation and our Professional Support Lawyer
• Be expected to play a key role in shaping strategy and process designed to enable MBNL to manage the EE Unilateral portfolio at greater speed and within agreed tolerances for risk, pushing the boundaries of efficiency and effectiveness in a risk aware wa
• Be a key collaborator with the other members of the MBNL Legal Property team leadership team and with our counterparts in the EE Legal team to ensure clarity of approach and a laser focus on delivery
• Be responsible for the management and oversight of the external solicitors working on the portfolio
• Major contributory role in shaping the ongoing transformation work associated with MBNLs management of the property portfolio, working collaboratively and with a focus on the delivery of tangible deliverables to form part of a growing toolkit of design materials to enable faster, more predictable and more efficient delivery
Requirements to be successful in this role:
• Strong Property lawyer with experience in property litigation, landlord and tenant issues and or in the telecommunications sector
• Membership of the Law Society of England and Wales or the Bar Council.
• Extensive knowledge of property law including Landlord and Tenant Act 1954;
• Extensive property litigation experience
• Ability to manage a high caseload, to prioritise and delegate where required
To apply for this role please click the APPLY NOW button below. Please note that this will take you to our recruitment partner application page in a new browser window.