Commercial Specialist (Estates & Treasury Services)
Commercial Specialist (Estates, Treasury & Legal Services)
We are looking for a Commercial Specialist to join MBNL’s Commercial department with a focus on supporting our Finance & Property Legal Team with commercial contract management of in-life treasury and legal services contracts, as well as reporting and data analysis activity to demonstrate best value to our shareholders (Three and EE/BT) .
We’re all working remotely at the moment but hybrid working (Home and Office) will continue to be the norm moving forward, and the pace of work in mobile telecoms hasn’t slowed, so you’ll be self-driven and able to work with minimum management supervision within a dynamic and challenging environment.
It's an exciting time in mobile telecoms, with the deployment of 5G and movement to Speed Up Britain, you'll be on the front line of lots of exciting changes!
- Responsible for ensuring all commercial activity is governed by Commercial Policy and processes
- Be responsible for all elements of the Commercial framework associated to the Supplier Base for which you manage. This includes increasing the maturity and evolution of the Supplier Strategy, Supplier Selection, Contracting, Onboarding, In-Life and Exit Management core elements of the framework
- Provision of all commercial deliverables, as necessary e.g. negotiation plan, contract risk analysis, benefits analysis and contract creation and closure
- Lead tender activities using established commercial processes ensuring the strategic requirements of MBNL and its shareholders are met
- Draft, negotiate and award supplier contracts with support from MBNL Legal, in accordance with MBNL’s Commercial process, governance and Corporate Delegation of Authority.
- Manage resolution of contractual disputes up to Director level
- Ensure contractual governance / approval mechanisms are applied and support governance meetings in line with the contract to ensure actions delivered upon
- Work with relevant business areas to track performance of suppliers against the contract on key contractual KPIs, working with and ensuring that the suppliers are delivering on all fronts
- Work with relevant stakeholders to engage with supplier contacts, ensuring agreed performance and pricing are maintained and new costs are agreed under contract as required
- Influence key shareholder stakeholders. Attend Commercial Committee, where required, to present recommendations to both shareholders.
- Actively support the commercial audit process.
What we are looking for:
- Strong commercial and procurement experience within the Finance or Legal Services Category.
- Supplier Relationship Management experience, and demonstrable stakeholder management expertise.
- Excellent communicator at all levels in an organisation across a variety of disciplines (legal, finance and property)
- Good understanding of contract law and contract management experience.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or another relevant professional qualification
MBNL – building strength through inclusion
At MBNL we embrace equality, diversity and inclusion. People are at the heart of everything we do and collectively we strive to create an environment where everyone can flourish. By fostering an inclusive environment, we are championing each other’s uniqueness.
Inclusion & Diversity within MBNL will unlock innovation and continue to evolve how we work, to help us deliver world class infrastructure for our Shareholders and their customers.
We will work creatively to offer flexible working arrangements, (like non-standard hours, part-time, remote working). We want to support you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
MBNL are proud recipients of the Armed Forces Covenant Gold Award, and Disability Confident accredited.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY NOW button below. Please note that this will take you to our recruitment partner application page in a new browser window.