Senior H&S Manager
Senior H&S Manager– Reading
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior H&S Manager to join our HSQE team in Reading. You will be responsible for ensuring compliance of Health and Safety standards on all RAN sites, supporting strategies for continuous improvement and driving forward a proactive H&S approach
• Contribute to the development of H&S Strategy, and be accountable on a day to day basis for delivery of strategic areas assigned by the Head of Health & Safety and Quality Management.
• Responsible for ensuring the maintenance, review and update of all health and safety management related documentation and associated communications
• Responsible for owning and implementing any assigned initiatives, systems, processes and capabilities required to manage health and safety on behalf of MBNL.
• To ensure all shared projects and programmes (new or existing) follow Health and Safety Management policy, strategies, systems, processes and controls put in place by MBNL.
• To ensure health and safety is integral to, and proactively managed throughout, all phases of the project and operations lifecycle (including, inception, detailed design, testing, large scale deployment, operation, maintenance and removal).
• Overseeing the process, and implementation of, the H&S site upgrades programme
• Directing site H&S audit activities and undertake personal site checks on a routine basis
• Responsible for ensuring the in-depth investigation of accidents and incidents and, where required, working with industry regulators, specialists and suppliers to implement improvement plans to address root causes and prevent re-occurrence
• Regularly collaborate and coordinate with MBNL’s Commercial team to ensure proactive management of MBNL’s preferred H&S Supplier(s) to time, cost, quality and performance
• Deputise for the Health & Safety and Quality Management as required e.g. Chair H&S Forum
Requirements to be successful in this role:
• Relevant health and safety qualification e.g. NEBOSH
• In depth understanding of site health and safety risks, their management controls and relevant legal standards
• Strong experience of managing health and safety for large scale deployment programmes, ideally in the Telco market
• Excellent ability to communicate and act professionally
• Strong sense of ownership and personal accountability
• A proven track record of bringing the best practice in to an organisation and using this to drive improvements
• Ability to manage multiple workstreams and deliver to time, quality and cost
• An interest in external market factors and industry developments
To apply for this role please click the APPLY NOW button below. Please note that this will take you to our recruitment partner application page in a new browser window.