Business Data Architect
Business Data Architect – Reading
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Data Architect to join our busy and dynamic Data Management Team. The Business Data Architect will drive the delivery of a business view of MBNLs data in a fast-paced and dynamic telecoms environment where the curation and improvement of data quality has become a primary focus of the business and its shareholders.
- To create and govern a centralised Business Data Glossary that contains the definitions of our critical data items
- To model business data conceptually and independently of applications and physical implementations.
- To work closely with IT to link the conceptual, logical and physical models and create a truly interconnected understanding of our data
- Play a key role in supporting the transformation of technology with our business requirements at the forefront
- Own the MBNL approach to business/ conceptual data modelling and metadata standards
- Drive the creation of standardised, agreed and ‘owned’ business data definitions
- Support the delivery of new technology with business requirements/ definitions at the forefront
- Support the definition of a governance framework and chair or administrate appropriate forums
- Engage a network of business stakeholders and manage relations between them and the central Data Management team
- Develop education tools and documentation to support our stakeholders
- Support the delivery of the Data Management communications plan to help establish a cultural change in how data is perceived and managed at MBNL
- Work collaboratively with MBNL, EE/BT, Three and the supplier eco system to establish and drive best Data Quality practice
Requirements to be successful in this role:
- Expert knowledge of Data Modelling in either UML or ER languages
- Experience leading or playing a significant role in an ambitious and successful data team
- A clear strategic understanding of the value that Business Data Modelling can provide
- Expert knowledge of Data Modelling and Metadata technologies and methods of storing reference data and definitions
- Outstanding interpersonal skills so you are seen as credible, knowledgeable and a positive representative of the Data Management Team
- Experience in linking conceptual, logical and physical models to provide a tangible value to the business
- Varied and detailed knowledge of one or more Data Management areas such as Data Quality, Data Migration, Document Management etc
- Experience of motivating, monitoring and improving performance of internal and external stakeholders in roles such as Data Owner and Data Steward
- Strong experience of working with, briefing and influencing senior members of leadership teams.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY NOW button below. Please note that this will take you to our recruitment partner application page in a new browser window.