Deployment Logistics Manager
Deployment Logistics Manager
12 month Contract
Based: Reading with travel to partner sites (Bristol / Derby)
We are looking for an experienced Delivery Manager with experience in managing 3rd party Deployment and Logistics partners, to join our team at shiny, new Head Offices next to Reading Station. If you know MBNL, you’ll know this is an opportunity to join a fantastic team, with daily challenge to your work and opportunity to fully utilise your delivery management skills at the forefront of mobile network services.
Our Logistics Team are responsible for partnering with MBNL’s Deployment Team and Small Works Contractors nationally, to ensure that everything is in place for us to Build or Upgrade RAN, Transmission and Backhaul Network sites across our Shareholders’ (Three and EE) shared network throughout the UK.
This role has a broad remit, requiring excellent organisational skills and ability to engage with internal and external customers as well as 3rd party service providers. To ensure our Deployment Teams have what they need, when they need it, here are a few of the things you could expect to be responsible for:
- Responsible for management of Forward Logistics service to ensure timely forecasting, ordering and delivery of equipment to meet Shareholder requirements within agreed time, cost and quality targets.
- Responsible for management of Reverse Logistics service to ensure timely recovery and utilisation of equipment (new and decommissioned) to minimise potential write off and meet Shareholder requirements within agreed time, cost and quality targets.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of Central Logistics and Asset Management (CLAM) services to Shareholder requirements and agreed time, cost and quality targets.
- Responsible for intensely managing the day-to-day delivery of CLAM suppliers, 3rd parties and retained resources against contracted time, cost and quality obligations.
- Responsible for the development and continuous improvement of the methodologies, processes, capabilities and resources (via suppliers, 3rd Parties and retained resources) required to deliver CLAM services including all related forums and governance control points.
What we are looking for:
Aside from a confident, engaging manner, which will allow you to get the very best out of those around you, we are looking for the following experience:
• Strong experience of delivering Logistics and Asset Management services to agreed time, cost and quality targets.
• Experience of the methodologies, processes and capabilities required to deliver warehousing and distribution solutions using suppliers, 3rd parties and retained teams.
• Experience of working as part of a broader deployment function.
• Customer focus – We need people who can get the very best out of delivery teams, whilst maintaining excellent customer service to our Shareholders and partners.
Please apply here, and if shortlisted, our Recruitment Team can get in touch with fuller job details and interview information.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY NOW button below. Please note that this will take you to our recruitment partner application page in a new browser window.