Financial controls and audit manager
Financial Controls & Audit Manager
Hybrid Working (Home & Reading Office)
We are looking for a Financial Controls & Audit Manager to join the Finance & Reporting Team here at MBNL who are responsible for all aspects of monthly and annual reporting and financial controls as well as accounts receivable and payable functions.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Responsible for design structure and maintenance of MBNL’s Financial Risk and Control Register. Working with all members of the finance department and stakeholders form the shareholders’ teams to carry out regular reviews and updates. Tracking that self-assessment is being carried out in a timely manner and that the outcomes and conclusions are valid and ensuring that any shortcomings are identified and resolved in a timely fashion
- Primary liaisons point for external and internal audits from MBNL’s shareholders. Ensuring that the audits are planned and facilitated effectively from planning to closure stage.
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking ISAE3402 compliance of a major 3rd party supplier
- Ensuring that any audit findings are tracked and resolved in a timely manner and providing summary updates for the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Providing guidance during drafting of accounting policies and procedures and reviewing and updating existing P&P as necessary. Ranging across all business areas from P2P to IFRS16
- Providing ad hock technical accounting assessment for new business projects
- Actively collaborate with the corporate governance team by being finance team’s risk representative and support and improve the overall Corporate Risk management process
What we are looking for:
- Relevant finance qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIA)
- Broad understanding of different finance areas and functions
- Experience in internal audit
- Experience in finance policy and procedure drafting
MBNL – building strength through inclusion
At MBNL we embrace equality, diversity and inclusion. People are at the heart of everything we do and collectively we strive to create an environment where everyone can flourish. By fostering an inclusive environment, we are championing each other’s uniqueness.
Inclusion & Diversity within MBNL will unlock innovation and continue to evolve how we work, to help us deliver world class infrastructure for our Shareholders and their customers.
We will work creatively to offer flexible working arrangements, (like non-standard hours, part-time, remote working). We want to support you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
MBNL are proud recipients of the Armed Forces Covenant Gold Award, and Disability Confident accredited.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY NOW button below. Please note that this will take you to our recruitment partner application page in a new browser window.