Legal Counsel (Property)
Legal Counsel (Property)
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to join the in-house legal team who provide commercially focused and efficient legal solutions together with risk management support across all areas of the business from property to procurement
Working in our state-of-the-art offices, flexible working with collaborative digital systems, are just a few of the perks we offer to our employees, on top of a competitive salary and interesting work.
- Supporting the legal team on all aspects of the ongoing management of the MBNL Network to include legal and administrative support to the legal and property teams
- Delivering excellent legal solutions on target and to budget ensuring external legal spend is effective and efficient
- Managing external lawyers appointed by MBNL to include approving documentation and ensuring that the external lawyers deliver
- Drafting letters seeking to enforce rights and secure consent
- Supporting and facilitating project activities/deliverables on all sites
- Managing and advising upon legal disputes/issues including a high volume of possession proceedings with Site Providers and other third parties in order to mitigate risks to the network managed by MBNL and avoiding loss of coverage
- Providing full legal support to the property and operations teams including delivering timely and accurate advice on all aspects of the Telecommunications Act 1984, the Communications Act 2003 and the Digital Economy Act 2017
- Advising the property teams and agents on queries and analysing the legal rights and providing strategic commercially focused advice and/or negotiating (where applicable) with the Site Providers and/or their solicitor
- Advising the business on general litigation/property/telecoms issues and general estate management queries
- Working closely with the property teams to support their business requirements
What we're looking for:
A qualified solicitor/legal executive
- Excellent word processing skills including microsoft excel / outlook / powerpoint and word
Ability to handle large workloads and to adapt and learn new skills
Ability to work under pressure
Organised and efficient
Experience of working in any of the following areas:
(b) Commercial or Real Estate Litigation;
(c) in house legal team and/or Real Estate.
If this sounds like a role you can take hold of, and want to work in an Agile, dynamic yet challenging environment in the heart of Reading, we would love to hear from you!
To apply for this role please click the APPLY NOW button below. Please note that this will take you to our recruitment partner application page in a new browser window.