Legal Counsel (Multi Regions)
Legal Counsel (Multi Regions)
FTC to the end of 2020
We are looking for a LegalCounsel to join our busy and dynamic Legal team who provides commercially focused and efficient legal solutions together with risk management support across all areas of the from property to procurement business
To provide high quality, nimble and commercially focused property legal and dispute resolution support to MBNL and particularly the internal and external property teams across a variety of projects.
• Supporting the legal team on all aspects of the ongoing management of the MBNL Network to include legal and administrative support to the legal and property teams
• Delivering excellent legal solutions on target and to budget ensuring external legal spend is effective and efficient
• Managing external lawyers appointed by MBNL to include approving documentation and ensuring that the external lawyers deliver
• Assisting with establishing and constantly improving effective and efficient processes and policies, particularly with regard to leveraging the impact of the Electronic Communications Code
• Supporting and facilitating project activities/deliverables on all sites
• Managing and advising upon legal disputes/issues including a high volume of possession proceedings with Site Providers and other third parties in order to mitigate risks to the network managed by MBNL and avoiding loss of coverage
• Providing full legal support to the property and operations teams including delivering timely and accurate advice on all aspects of relevant legislation
• Advising the property teams and agents on queries and analysing the legal rights and providing strategic commercially focused advice and/or negotiating (where applicable) with the Site Providers and/or their solicitor
• Advising the business on general litigation/property/telecoms issues and general estate management queries
• Working closely with the property teams to support their business requirements
• A qualified solicitor/legal executive
• Experience of working in any of the following areas:
• (a) Telecommunications;
• (b) Commercial or Real Estate Litigation;
• (c) in house legal team and/or
• (d) Real Estate.
• Excellent word processing skills including microsoft excel / outlook / powerpoint / sharepoint and word
• Ability to handle large workloads and to adapt and learn new skills
• Ability to work under pressure
Nice to Have
• Ability to interact with lawyers and non lawyers
• Ability to build excellent working relationships across the board in a challenging environment.
• Ability to think commercially and ‘outside the box’
• An interest in the use and leverage of Legal Technology
If this sounds like a role you can take hold of, and want to work in an Agile, dynamic yet challenging environment in the heart of Reading, we would love to hear from you!
To apply for this role please click the APPLY NOW button below. Please note that this will take you to our recruitment partner application page in a new browser window.