Senior Manager – Infrastructure Design
Senior Manager – Infrastructure Design
MBNL are seeking a Senior Manager - Infrastructure design. This is a key role within the Tower and Network Services team reporting to the Head of Infrastructure Design and will play a key role supporting the challenges of Infrastructure asset management across the entire lifecycle from initial requirements gathering through to decommissioning.
The purpose of this role is to drive forward the passive infrastructure site design principles and guidelines for MBNL and its shareholders. As well as supporting the Tower and Network Services and Infrastructure and Deployment Service teams’ objectives in meeting MBNL and its shareholder’s needs.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Work with our Shareholders and provide clear leadership to MBNL’s chosen vendors and suppliers to ensure adequate site design guidelines are in place; including architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, DC power and product quality thresholds
- Liaise with internal suppliers / customers to ensure that a modern, cost effective, focussed and relevant Cell Site infrastructure Product Portfolio is maintained
- Work with Operations, Deployment and Property teams to identify causes of failures due to site design issues and develop appropriate tactical and strategic solutions
- Review site design related safety guidelines and best practices to ensure designs comply with safety standards. Be an advocate for Safe By Design and ERIC for the whole design life of the installation
- Challenge the status quo, keep abreast of the external market and use this to drive improvements, drive continuous improvement and learning.
- Responsible for the line management of the Infrastructure Design team including pay and performance reviews and ongoing task management to ensure deliverables are met
- Working with our shareholders to create compelling business cases for new site design solutions and seeking Technical and Finance Committee approval for those shared solutions. Provide professional support for unilateral solutions for each of the shareholders
- Co-ordination of technical input from all technical experts across both shareholders, internal teams and external suppliers and any regulatory changes to ensure that the Site Design Manual is kept up to date
What we are looking for:
- Degree educated – preferably from a Structural or Mechanical Engineering background
- Experience of site Infrastructure design (telecoms would be advantageous)
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations 2015
- Experience of project delivery and its impact on the design processes
- Knowledge of site acquisitions and implementation processes, new product introduction, whole lifecycle management
- A clear and concise communicator
- Strong influencing skills
- Experience of a matrix and functional management environment (desirable)
MBNL – building strength through inclusion
At MBNL we embrace equality, diversity and inclusion. People are at the heart of everything we do and collectively we strive to create an environment where everyone can flourish. By fostering an inclusive environment, we are championing each other’s uniqueness. Inclusion & Diversity within MBNL will unlock innovation and continue to evolve how we work, to help us deliver world class infrastructure for our Shareholders and their customers.
We will work creatively to offer flexible working arrangements, (like non-standard hours, part-time, remote working). We want to support you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
MBNL are proud recipients of the Armed Forces Covenant Gold Award, and Disability Confident accredited.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY NOW button below. Please note that this will take you to our recruitment partner application page in a new browser window.