Senior Commercial Manager
Senior Commercial Manager (Telecoms Hardware & Services)
We are looking for a Senior Commercial Manager to join MBNL’s Commercial department with a focus on procurement and supplier relationship management within the Telecoms Build Services and hardware space. You’ll be leading a small, business critical team, as well as leading on the commercial contract management of key service providers within infrastructure deployment.
We’re all working remotely at the moment but hybrid working (Home and Office) will continue to be the norm moving forward, and the pace of work in mobile telecoms hasn’t slowed, so you’ll be self-driven and able to work with minimum management supervision within a dynamic and challenging environment.
The Senior Commercial Manager will be responsible for the management and supplier relationship for a specified portfolio of suppliers. Within this role you will provide commercial support to MBNL’s business and project teams to:
- Ensure budgetary compliance
- Negotiate pricing and identify savings opportunities
- Manage existing agreements with suppliers
- Negotiate new framework agreements with key suppliers
- Minimise commercial risks.
On a day to day basis you can expect to
- Be responsible for all elements of the Commercial framework associated to the Supplier Base for which you manage. This includes increasing the maturity and evolution of the Supplier Strategy, Supplier Selection, Contracting, Onboarding, In-Life and Exit Management core elements of the framework
- Responsible for ensuring all commercial activity is governed by Commercial Policy and processes
- Provision of all commercial deliverables, as necessary e.g. negotiation plan, contract risk analysis, benefits analysis and contract creation and closure
- Lead tender activities using established commercial processes ensuring the strategic requirements of MBNL and its shareholders are met
- Draft, negotiate and award supplier contracts with support from MBNL Legal, in accordance with MBNL’s Commercial process, governance and Corporate Delegation of Authority.
- Manage resolution of contractual disputes up to Director level
- Ensure contractual governance / approval mechanisms are applied and support governance meetings in line with the contract to ensure actions delivered upon
- Work with relevant business areas to track performance of suppliers against the contract on key contractual KPIs, working with and ensuring that the suppliers are delivering on all fronts
- Work with relevant stakeholders to engage with supplier contacts, ensuring agreed performance and pricing are maintained and new costs are agreed under contract as required
- Influence key shareholder stakeholders. Attend Commercial Committee, where required, to present recommendations to both shareholders.
- Actively support the commercial audit process.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience of negotiating complex framework contracts
- Good understanding of contract law
- Significant Supplier & Contract management experience
- Telecoms industry experience
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS) or another relevant professional qualification
MBNL – building strength through inclusion
At MBNL we embrace equality, diversity and inclusion. People are at the heart of everything we do and collectively we strive to create an environment where everyone can flourish. By fostering an inclusive environment, we are championing each other’s uniqueness.
Inclusion & Diversity within MBNL will unlock innovation and continue to evolve how we work, to help us deliver world class infrastructure for our Shareholders and their customers.
We will work creatively to offer flexible working arrangements, (like non-standard hours, part-time, remote working). We want to support you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
MBNL are proud recipients of the Armed Forces Covenant Gold Award, and Disability Confident accredited.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY NOW button below. Please note that this will take you to our recruitment partner application page in a new browser window.