Infrastructure & Connectivity TDA
Infrastructure and Connectivity Technical Design Authority
6 Month Initial Contract
We have an opening for a Infrastructure and Connectivity Technical Design Authority to join our Head Office Team at MBNL, a joint venture company of EE and Three Mobile and one the world’s leading Mobile Telecoms Service Providers. You’ll be part of a vibrant, agile team at the forefront of Mobile Telecoms and IT Technology.
New state-of-the-art offices based just a few metres away from Reading train station, flexible working with a great collaborative culture.
What you can expect to be doing
- To design and implement infrastructure and robust connectivity solutions for the benefit of MBNL and its share-holders
- Ensure that IT infrastructure and connectivity designs and implementation meet the functional and non-functional requirements of the project commissioning the design work
- Estimate design effort accurately
- Proactively develop awareness of relevant technology trends
- Liaise effectively with strategic suppliers and managed service providers
- Adhere to the IT standards, enterprise architecture and roadmap
- Manage the entire life-cycle of IT platforms within the role’s scope e.g. from tendering for new platforms to managing end of life
- Ensure that MBNL receives good value for money by monitoring MSP and supplier spend
- Ensure that all IT platforms are properly managed from a development perspective
- Influence best practice design & development standards and ensure that they are followed by IT designers and the MSP
- Win full support from MBNL’s share-holders for the IT platform set and design and development standards
- Proactively support the delivery of the road-mapped products and services
- Become a respected opinion leader for IT Design within the share-holder IT community
- Constructively challenge MBNL and Share-Holder management in relation to IT Design
- Ensure full alignment with MBNL strategic and tactical objectives
- Proactively encourage a healthy working environment leading to satisfied managers, team members and peers
- Exceptional understanding of Infrastructure and connectivity Architecture design concepts
- Exceptional understanding and UAN s(User Access Networks) and DCNs (Data connectivity Networks)
- Experience as a Solution Designer
- Experience of helping to deliver IT projects to the complete satisfaction of stake-holders
If this sounds like the type of contract you could hit the ground running with, we would love to hear from you!
To apply for this role please click the APPLY NOW button below. Please note that this will take you to our recruitment partner application page in a new browser window.