Transmission Service Manager
Transmission Service Manager
Location: Reading (flexible working available)
The TX Service Manager sits within our Tower & Networks Services Directorate and is responsible for managing all aspects of Transmission Service for our shareholders (EE and Three Mobile), working with our outsource service providers and internal teams, to deliver value across the whole service.
- Transmission Service Management - Reporting and monitoring TX KPI’s providing valuable insight, Predicting and preventing negative impacts on the network, Identifying continuous service improvements for the TX network.
- Supplier / Vendor Management and Support - Providing insight on supplier / vendor performance and challenge.
- Project and Design Support - Engaging with shareholders, internal teams and suppliers to manage network improvements.
- Operational Demand, Readiness & Acceptance - Supporting new network infrastructure E2E.
- Challenge the status quo, keep abreast of the external market and use this to drive improvements, continuous improvements and learning
- Be a role model for the MBNL way
What you can expect to be doing:
- Assuring Supplier Performance for all Network Transmission related Services including Incident, Problem & Event Management and associated KPIs for which MBNL are accountable
- Support the shareholders (EE/BT and Three) with assurance of Network Transmission Services for which they are accountable
- Act as the Customer interface for Network Transmission Services
- Based on data analysis, shareholder feedback on customer experience (direct or indirect) or industry knowledge, drive behaviours within Supplier and Identify opportunities for Continuous Improvement in Transmission services for which MBNL are accountable
- Identify Network and Business Risks from the function, and raise into appropriate forum
- Support the Senior Transmission Service Assurance Manager in any project/workshop/discussions where Network Performance services which MBNL are accountable for may be impacted, and/or could support
- Responsible for the establishment and ownership of operational transmission service delivery.
- Responsible for providing direction and value-add to the TX design, deployment and capacity delivery process to drive OLO and Microwave performance.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities to optimise transmission services and activities to reduce impact to customers, improve transmission resilience, reliability and performance.
- Create documentation and provide management of overall estate architecture against existing and future design.
- Problem solving and bespoke solutions to ensure the TX network is at its optimum availability.
Requirements to be successful in this role:
- Strong experience of Operations function (e.g. availability, performance, incident or change management) to achieve agreed business outcomes, performance targets and industry benchmarks
- Professional qualification or comparible industry experience in Access TX, Backhaul TX, or IP/Core transport.
- Expert knowledge of transmission architecture past, present and future and their interconnecting technologies
- KPI and SLA management and understanding of how they are used to measure quality for Transmission services.
- Dealing with Availability, Problem, Incident and CSI Management.
- Great communication skills with the ability to excite and engage stakeholders.
MBNL – building strength through inclusion
At MBNL we embrace equality, diversity and inclusion. People are at the heart of everything we do and collectively we strive to create an environment where everyone can flourish. By fostering an inclusive environment, we are championing each other’s uniqueness.
Inclusion & Diversity within MBNL will unlock innovation and continue to evolve how we work, to help us deliver world class infrastructure for our Shareholders and their customers.
We will work creatively to offer flexible working arrangements, (like non-standard hours, part-time, remote working). We want to support you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY NOW button below. Please note that this will take you to our recruitment partner application page in a new browser window.