Senior Transmission Planner
Senior Transmission Planner – Reading
We are entering an extended phase of large-scale transformation at MBNL. The Transmission Planning team is responsible for the planning & delivery of the transmission network according to agreed planning guidelines and policies on behalf of our shareholders. Transmission designs are delivered via Managed Service Partners (MSP’s) managed by the MBNL Delivery Team.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Transmission Planning Engineer is to ensure transmission plans are delivered on time, to budget and meet agreed specifications.
The successful candidate will work as part of a dedicated team and could experience many aspects of MBNLs wider scope as part a Joint Venture and contribute to the development of the organisation overall.
A great role and a very exciting, once in a decade time to be joining MBNL as we move our shareholders to the next phase of their network evolution.
Requirements to be successful in this role:
- Telecommunications or Electrical Engineering background
- Significant knowledge of transmission technologies (both leased line and radio) design knowledge and experience including SDH, ATM, Ethernet & IP technology
- Hands on experience of transmission planning and circuit planning tools in creating transmission solutions.
- Strong knowledge of the 2G/3G/4G Mobile Transmission Networks
- Knowledge of 2G, 3G, 4G RAN design and core network architecture
- Optimisation of capacity and performance of transmission networks
- Experience in a Network Operator or Managed Service Provider environment
- Demonstrable experience of project delivery on time and to customer satisfaction
- Ability to respond flexibly to design challenges arising from the Acquisition and Implementation processes.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY NOW button below. Please note that this will take you to our recruitment partner application page in a new browser window.