Deputy GC & Head of Legal - Property
Would you like to be the spark, which ignites the networks delivering Digital Britain for the public good? We are looking for a Deputy GC & Head of Legal – Property to join us, this role sits at a very senior level within MBNL’s Legal Team. The role will entail leadership and management responsibilities and reports directly to the General Counsel, acting as one of her two deputies, driving forward the Company’s corporate goals (such as customer experience, a highly engaged workforce, financial performance and strategic change) and doing this is in a way which demonstrates innovation, stakeholder engagement, collaboration and excellence in execution.
The role will appeal to anyone who is excited by technology, energised by being in a cutting-edge industry, gets a kick out of developing new business and legal models, and is motivated by the high degree of intellectual stimulation flowing from working in a superbly successful joint venture set up by two market leading brands.
It will also attract someone ready to step up into a deputy GC leadership position.
Based at MBNL’s state-of-the-art HQ next to Reading train station (with a small, satellite office at Blackfriars), MBNL prides itself on attracting highly skilled and energetic professionals, who will thrive in a busy, fast paced, flexible working environment, where staff are celebrated, rewarded, empowered and developed as the company’s top assets.What’s your new role about?
In this role the successful candidate will be able to design, define and maximise the huge talent within the team to deliver timely strategic and tactical advice and support to the company’s network estate and deployment programmes. This will also involve:
- Supporting the General Counsel to develop and deliver the roadmap for the Legal Directorate.
- Understanding, translating and delivering shareholders’ ambitions.
- Being a key player in the company’s Leadership Team, working beyond legal parameters to influence across a number of disciplines
- A current practising certificate
- 10+ years PQE as a property lawyer (solicitor or barrister) Please note PQE is a guide only, and any applicant who can demonstrate the required skill set will be considered regardless of PQE
- Qualified to practice in England and Wales, with ideally in-house experience in the UK
- Demonstrable and significant experience of being the lead lawyer on multi-million-pound property issues, including property litigation
- Providing strategic and tactical advice on the new Code and on how to use it to deliver value for the Shareholders and their customers, including creating legal precedent through litigation
- Demonstrable and significant experience of drafting complex agreements and of complex stakeholder engagement in closing these agreements
- Demonstrable experience of acting strategically and beyond the legal function, contributing to and driving business decisions / activities of future long-term significance
- Managing and developing direct reports.
Nice to have
- An understanding of, or interest in, the telecoms sector
- An understanding of, or interest, in Joint Ventures
- Experience of leading multi-functional teams / projects
- Experience of innovation in a legal / business context
- A passion for navigating organisational politics with tenacity, diplomacy, professionalism and aplomb to find solutions and get things done
Why should you applyA unique role within an exceptional joint venture, a high level of intellectual stimulation, top quality legal work and a great benefits package.If you want to make a difference within a forward thinking and dynamic company apply today and be a part of the MBNL success story! We can’t wait to hear from you!
To apply for this role please click the APPLY NOW button below. Please note that this will take you to our recruitment partner application page in a new browser window.