Health & Safety Manager
H&S Manager– Reading
We have an exciting opportunity for a H&S Manager to join our HSQE team in Reading. You will be responsible for ensuring compliance of Health and Safety standards on RAN sites, supporting strategies for continuous improvement and driving forward a proactive H&S approach
• Responsible for managing assigned areas of H&S Strategy, as directed by the Head of Health & Safety and Quality Management, in order for MBNL to fulfil its Vision and Goals.
• Responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of all H&S management related documentation and associated communications
• Responsible for implementing assigned initiatives, systems, processes and capabilities required to manage health and safety on behalf of MBNL, including: relevant H&S forums, communications and governance control points.
• Responsible for working collaboratively with MBNL teams (e.g. Ops, T&A, Property, Legal, etc) and the supply chain, to establish best-in-class health and safety management practices.
• Responsible for working directly with MBNL’s HSQE preferred supplier(s) in the field of Health and Safety Management.
• To ensure all relevant projects and programmes (new or existing) follow Health and Safety Management policy, strategies, systems, processes and controls put in place by MBNL.
• To ensure health and safety is integral to, and proactively managed throughout, all phases of the project and operations lifecycle (including, inception, detailed design, testing, large scale deployment, operation, maintenance and removal) including, but not limited to, the following:
• Initiate corrective actions, recovery plans or interventions (for MBNL or its supply chain), that are required to ensure compliance with UK regulatory and statutory standards, and achieve agreed business outcomes and performance targets that represent industry leading practice.
• Review H&S performance for incident trends and propose / own associated remedial actions
• Provide management reports to internal and external stakeholders, as directed by the Head of Health & Safety and Quality Management.
• Regularly collaborate and coordinate with MBNL’s Commercial team to ensure proactive management of MBNL’s preferred H&S Supplier(s) to time, cost, quality and performance.
Requirements to be successful in this role:
• Relevant health and safety qualification / training
• Good understanding of site health and safety risks, their management controls and relevant legal standards
• Strong ability to communicate and act professionally
• Clear sense of ownership and personal accountability
• A proven track record of bringing the best practice in to an organisation and using this to drive improvements
• Ability to manage multiple workstreams and deliver to time, quality and cost
To apply for this role please click the APPLY NOW button below. Please note that this will take you to our recruitment partner application page in a new browser window.