Principal Transmission Designer
Principal Transmission Designer– Reading
We are have an exciting opportunity for a Principle Transmission Designer to join our busy and dynamic Design team which sits within the DPD department. The Design team are responsible for the delivery and maintenance of a series of design, guidelines and policies on behalf of our shareholders. These designs are delivered via Managed Service Partners (MSP’s), the Shareholders Design teams and specialist resources in order to enhance the capabilities of the networks.
• Delivery of the Transmission and Transport Design criteria used in delivery of the 2G and shared 3G and 4G RANs.
• Technical management of transmission equipment introduction.
• Support the on-going delivery of shareholders 2G, shared 3G, 4G and 5G networks within agreed budget
• Ensure that Transmission Network upgrade activities are designed and dimensioned to ensure that network availability targets are maintained or improved.
• Identify to Shareholder team’s activities required to achieve Best Network at Lowest cost status.
Requirements to be successful in this role:
• University/College degree or degree calibre preferably from telecommunications or Electrical Engineering background
• Significant knowledge of transmission technologies (both leased line and radio) design knowledge and experience of Ethernet & IP technology.
• Strong knowledge of the 2G/3G/4G Mobile Transmission Networks
• Knowledge of 2G, 3G, 4G RAN design and core network architecture
• Optimisation of capacity and performance of transmission networks
• Knowledge of transmission planning and circuit planning tools.
• Experience in a Network Operator or Managed Service Provider environment
• Demonstrable experience of project delivery on time and to customer satisfaction
To apply for this role please click the APPLY NOW button below. Please note that this will take you to our recruitment partner application page in a new browser window.